Download MP3 [11:43]
Music: Money by Pink Floyd; Viva Las Vegas by Elvis, and Luck be a Lady by Frank Sinatra.
This series on pathological gambling includes the following podcasts:
- What is Pathological Gambling? [11:43]
- Treatment of Pathological Gambling [27:00]
- Thinking Like a Pathological Gambler: Illusions of Control / Chance vs. Skill [8:54]
- How to Become a Nationally Certified Gambling Addictions Counselor [27:53]
- July, 2007: Watch Jody on an investigative report about pathological gambling in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on local news station WPXI.
- June, 2012: Journal of Social Work Education publishes Jody's article on graduate education and gambling:
- Engel, R.J., Bechtold, J., Kim, Y., & Mulvaney, E. (2012) Beating the odds: Preparing graduates to address gambling-related problems. Journal of Social Work Education, 48, 321-335. doi: 10.5175/JSWE.2012.201000128.
APA (6th edition) reference for this podcast:
Singer, J. B. (Host). (2007, May 22). What is pathological gambling? [Episode 17]. Social Work Podcast. Podcast retrieved Month Day, Year, from http://socialworkpodcast.com/2007/05/what-is-pathological-gambling.html